Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Where is that fucking email?!

I despise writing comics that need an explanation, but I think we've done pretty well so far when it comes to writing comics that need no real explanation. I don't know if you're aware, but when you buy things through iTunes it will only allow you to download your content to five (5) verified computers. For most people this isn't an issue, but for me it is quite the issue. I have reinstalled my operating system several times for reasons that are NONE OF YOUR GODDAMN BUSINESS! And every time that the OS is reinstalled I have to verify a new computer.

Allow me to at this point to explain iTunes' setup in a little more detail. Once upon a time you could only download your content five times. After that you had to purchase the item again if you wanted to download it more. This verification thing is a more recent development. Not that I'm complaining. It's a much better setup. But I felt this needed further explanation so that you know that I was not able to de-verify -un-verify?- my old computers as I am apparently able to do now.

So I had verified my last computer when I reinstalled my OS the time before this most recent time, which means that all my old content cannot be downloaded. Upon realizing that I could un-verify my computers I decided to see if I could do that with a computer I no-longer had so that I could get my music and stuff. I went to the ol' Apple website to see if I could do it through there. I searched and searched, but could find no way to take my old computers off the verification list.

At one point, however, Apple wanted me to verify my account information. This is where the comic actually begins. The screen said that they would send me an e-mail to verify my account, but the email never came. The page even offered a button I could press in case I did not receive the verification email. You can imagine the result. So there is my over the top explanation for my sub-par comic. Enjoy, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment